My journey to healing meal plan will be a tough act to follow compared to my already restrictive diet. I will not have the option of a variety of meals to select from. I will have to cook most of my meals; no more grab-and-go items at the store. Once again, I will have to watch others each more food I wish I could have (I’m crying inside).
I will have to remind myself of the bigger picture. This is just temporary. When my inflammation is gone, I can begin to reintegrate my old foods slowly… And maybe some new food.
When I feel discouraged, I will recite, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Philippians 4:13)
Journey to Healing Meal Plan
Okay. So… After some time and thought, I’ve come up with the below weekly schedule. I don’t think I’ll be diverting much from the below menu as I already cook from scratch for my family. And I look for quick and easy meals these days.
- Hot oatmeal w/hemp seeds and cinnamon.
- Homemade granola (as my cereal) with hemp seeds and oat milk.
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- 3 scrambled eggs with peppers and quinoa.
- 1 fried egg or hard-boiled egg with cauliflower rice, roasted eggplant and roasted potatoes. (Once a week I’ll treat myself by replacing the eggs with a small portion of fish)
- Baked fries, 1 fried egg and cauliflower rice
- Mashed potatoes or boiled yuca, 1 egg (fried or hard-boiled) and sautéed peppers.
- Fresh pineapples
- fresh pear
- dried dates
- Sun Butter Date Oat Balls
- Aloe Vera Water
- Collagen Protein Oat Milk
Now, let me show you what I used to eat. I am already on a pretty strict meal plan. I’m allergic to wheat and dairy; all my foods are gluten and dairy-free. I can’t digest meat; my only protein is eggs and hemp seeds, with fish occasionally as a treat.
Journey to Healing before Menu:
- Homemade granola (as my cereal) with hemp seeds, pumpkins seeds, flax seeds or chia seeds (I alternated every other day) and almond milk.
- Leftovers (from last night’s dinner)
- 2 scrambled eggs with onions, peppers and tomatoes with 1 slice of gluten free bread.
- Avocado Toast
- Almond Butter Toast
- Mixed salad with beets, green onions, avocado, tomatoes, and hummus and olive oil for dressing
- Jasmine Rice with Stewed beans with mixed salad
- Chicken Gluten Free Noodle Soup (I remove the chicken for me)
- Chinese Fried Rice with Fried eggs
- Cabbage Soup
- Vegetable Soup
- Gluten Free garlic pasta with green beans
- Minestrone Soup
- Garlic mashed potatoes with corn and green beans or asparagus
- Jasmine Rice with Refried Beans
- Jasmine Rice with fried eggs
- Pumpkin oat cookies
- Fresh variety of fruits
- Salsa with yellow corn chips
- Guacamole with blue corn chips
- Organic Candy
- Organic plain potato chips
- Rice with gandules (pigeon pees)
- yuca with onions and garlic sauce
- roasted sweet potatoes
- mixed salad
As you can see, it’s going to be a drastic adjustment.
My concern is… will my journey to healing diet keep me full? I depend on rice and snacks to contain my hunger throughout the day.
If you’re on a limited foods diet and are interested in the recipes, let me know!
And if you have any suggestions for spicing up my weekly menu, please send them my way.
To follow my journey:
Healing After Years of Discomfort
Healing – Growing Closer to God’s Word
Meditation – Healing in Silence
6 thoughts on “Journey to Healing – Meal Plan”