Want a simple and healthy version of an Asian meal. These Easy & Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Wraps are the meal for you. It cooks in under 45 minutes, and it’s gluten-free.
I created these wraps for two reasons: First, I wanted another Asian meal to add to our monthly menu. And second, I needed a meal that didn’t include rice.
I discovered Primal Kitchen’s teriyaki sauce and I knew I had to try it. While considering how I wanted to use their sauce, I like the idea of it in a chicken wrap, but I didn’t want to use tortillas. I searched the web for alternatives and found many recipes that used iceberg lettuce or romaine. By tweaking a few things I was able to create this easy and healthy chicken teriyaki wrap.
*** side note, Primal Kitchen’s products are great. They have whole natural ingredients and contain no dairy, gluten, grain, refined sugar, or soy. They also use healthy oils and apple cider vinegar.
- You can marinate the chicken in advance.
- Make your own homemade teriyaki sauce. From 100 days of real food, Lisa has a healthy Teriyaki Marinade you can try.
- Replace the iceberg lettuce with butterhead lettuce or romaine.
- Swap the chicken for fish.
- Add more vegetables like carrots or scallions.
- Include Quinoa for a fiber boost.
- Replace the lettuce with grain-free tortillas like cassava flour or chickpea flour tortillas.
Warning – Peeling the layers off the iceberg lettuce is a challenge. If you cut it in half, the first few layers are easier to take off. I’m having trouble finding a better way of peeling off the center without it falling apart. If you have any tips for peeling the center without it breaking, please leave me a comment below.
Better yet, maybe I should just stop using Iceberg lettuce. I hear butterhead lettuce is better for wraps. What do you think?
If you like this recipe or any of my other recipes, I’d love to hear from you.
Other Healthy Recipes:
Chinese Chicken & Broccoli w/Rice
Easy & Simple Mashed Bean Potatoes
Easy & Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Wraps
- 3 pounds organic chicken breast
- 1—8.5 ounce Primal Kitchen - No Soy Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Medium Head Organic Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 tri-colored peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- Pink Himalayan Salt or seal salt
- Avocado Oil
1. Cut the chicken into strips and season with 3 tsp of salt
2. Coat your frying pan with avocado oil.
3. Cook the chicken on medium to low heat until slightly crispy brown. About 30 to 45 minutes.
4. While chicken is cooking, cut peppers and onions into strips and add them to another pan. Pour the bottle of teriyaki sauce into the pan and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook the peppers and onions)
5. Once the chicken is golden brown cut them into bite-sized pieces and add the chicken to the peppers pan. Mix well.
6. Peel and rinse the iceberg lettuce and scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of the meat onto the lettuce.
6 thoughts on “Easy & Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Wraps”
These look delicious! Thanks for the idea!
These look so delicious and easy! I will definitely make them very soon!!!
I really hope you enjoy them. Let me know how it goes.
Lettuce wraps are perfect for spring and these sound so refreshing!
I am all about chicken teriyaki since I’m from Hawaii and this is a huge thing there. YUMMM. Plus, lettuce makes it super healthy so no guilt! Now to go to the store and buy a head of iceberg!
Yay. Can’t wait for you to try them 🙂