Chinese Chicken & Broccoli with Jasmine Rice is the meal to be made if you’re looking for a dinner that can use less meat. It is one of my family’s favorite meals. We love to overload this entree with broccoli, and we make sure to have seconds and third servings. The sauce is just that good! This meal is soo good – it hits our monthly menu twice.
Try this family favorite tonight. I promise it’s a winner!
Chinese Chicken & Broccoli with Rice
When I started creating my monthly meal plan, I wanted it to be diverse. I didn’t want just Spanish meals rotating in our monthly menu. I wanted my children to enjoy foods from all cultures and expand their pallets. Chinese Chicken & Broccoli with rice became one of the Asian meals we added to our monthly rotation.
And it quickly became a favorite.
I love this meal because it is a healthier version of what you would buy from the Chinese restaurant in your neighborhood. And it’s very versatile; you can use any vegetable of choice with just 1/2 pound of chicken breast. Of course, you can use more chicken, but I use less to consume more vegetables. The sauce in this meal makes all vegetables taste delicious.
I’ve used bok choy, carrots, peas, cauliflower, and green peppers, and they all taste delicious. Plus, this meal cooks in 30 minutes, and leftovers taste just as good. We love the soggy broccoli marinated in soy sauce.
Chinese Chicken & Broccoli w/Rice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10 tbsp white vinegar
- 15 tbsp orange juice or filtered water
- 10 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (I use Braggs Soy Sauce)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 heads of organic broccoli
- 1/2 pound of organic chicken breast
1. Cut chicken into small bite-size pieces.
2. Combine all ingredients except broccoli and cook on medium to high for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken from the liquid and, in small batches, add the broccoli.
4. Cook the broccoli for 5 min each batch.
5. Turn off the fire and add the chicken and all the broccoli to the pot.
6. Serve with Jasmine White Rice
I use 1/2 pound of organic chicken breast to reduce meat consumption. You can always use more if you'd like.
Start with broccoli, and next time experiment with other Asian friendly vegetables:
- Bok Choy
- Asian Cabbage
- Yardlong Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Baby Corn
- Snow Peas
Do you have an easy, quick Asian meal you cook? I’d love to add more to our monthly menu.
Please share in the comments below if this was a winner recipe for your family.